Monday 29 February 2016

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon (First Press Limited Edition)



The first S.H. Figuarts release, Sailor Moon is a must have. I have to say, before getting this figure, I wasn't expecting much from S.H. Figuarts because some of the poor reviews online and word of mouth, but I really really enjoyed it. There is so much to do, and these figures look so much better in person and in a group than in individual photos. They are very detailed and each figure is decently priced.. Although I'm breaking the bank collecting all of them.

The appeal from Sailor Moon is of course as the main main character and the versatility of her accessories to create dynamic poses. The First Press edition also comes with two extra faces (crying and winking).



The Box is pretty nice. I've never collected S.H. Figuarts before but it seems that the box design is quite standard for them with a clear window of what you're getting and some faces and poses at the back.
Sailor Moon with 2 bonus faces
My Luna for the first press edition came wrapped in crepe paper but my normal one didn't. Also, I'm not sure if I mixed up the stands for my first press and normal. They look the same but came packaged differently. I switched them because I remember one of them had an unstable stand :(

Accessories for Sailor Moon S.H. Figuarts (First Press Limited Edition)
Along with the default hands and faces, there are in total, 10 hands (1 to hold the Moon Sticks and 1 attached for Moon Tiara Action), 6 faces (2 of which are only in the First Press Edition), 2 moon sticks (with and without Silver Crystal), and 1 Luna.

The faces are so well detailed and they reflect the Anime perfectly. The expressions are great and the face moulds are done so well to fit the Figuarts series for a really wide range of expressions and poses. 

The hands are pegged and not ball joined so there is less articulation and sometimes they like to fall off. They come in a pearly white paint.

I honestly don't have much use for the crying and winking faces so unless you can get the First Press cheap/easily, I don't think it's a MUST have.

It's not really clear in the photos, but Luna's head is on a ball joint and has a little bit of articulation. It can't really go up and down much but it can swivel left and right.



I really like the opacity in Sailor Moon's hair and the legs I got were decent. I've seen some that were much more butchered up during painting. I like the creases in the boots. They add more dynamism to these figures.

Her brooch, necklace, earring and tiara details are all great. I also enjoy the shiny odangos. The collar details are done so well I was really impressed and it feels like a great quality figure.


I quite like her without bangs, or maybe I just wished that they came with alternate bangs, flying up during Moon Tiara Action. Her suit, bows and skirt all come in a pearlised finish. I didn't edit my photos much at all because I wanted to show the actual colours of the figure, they are quite muted. The 'reds' are more of a magenta/maroon.


An imperfection on my figure, it seems that the paint from the choker rubbed off onto the back of the neck :(


There's good articulation to her hair, although you have to work around the bulge of the back of her head. I really like her hair to one side.

Moon Healing Escalation
I love this pose and I'm so happy that this pose won the competition held by Naoko.


Overall I really like this figure, you can do so much with its accessories and hair even though I was not that excited for Sailor Moon. These S.H. Figuarts look so much better in person when you can articulate and manipulate them and in a group than in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment