Tuesday 25 August 2015

Cardcaptor Sakura - 1/7 ARTFX-J Figurines of Sakura Kinomoto and Li Syaoran

In these highly detailed sculptures, Sakura and Syaoran are dressed in their signature costumes. As always, Kobukiya figures come with amazing detail and this is clearly shown in Sakura's dress, wings, hair and Syaoran's attire. The figures look amazing, but I can't help but feel uneasy about Sakura's face. Perhaps because I am more used to the anime style face rather than her manga face, but I don't have the same issue with Syaoran's and I think that Syaoran's figure is definitely the best sculpture I've seen in all of the Cardcaptor releases so far. And it should be, since these are going to cost just over US$100 each.

Sakura

The shiny shoes and detailed ruffles, beautifully sculpted wand and wings makes this figure look amazing. The amount of detail and nuances in this figure is what will captivate a collector. But the figure looks too plump and voluminous. The ruffles and wings feel overdone and it actually takes away from the figure and it ends up looking cumbersome. The face is also not my favourite and I wish that it was just a little less 'cute'. It's still an amazing figure, but I can't unsee the flaws that bug me.

Syaoran

Perfectly sculpted attire with lots of energy. The stand also has amazing detail and this figure really is one of the best from Cardcaptors, It's done so well and the face captures Syaoran's energy perfectly. The flick of the sword tassel and the flight of the sleeves are amazing. Really a 10/10.


Overall, it is an amazing release but the little annoyances I have towards Sakura's figure is causing me to hold back and I can't buy Syaoran without getting Sakura too. It would be a different story if Syaoran was the one that got the short end of the stick and I could just get Sakura. Nevertheless, amazing releases!

No comments:

Post a Comment